Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What schmuck goes running with their camera...? (part 2)

I went running with my camera again yesterday (part 1 was actually a week ago), and have a little bit of a sunburn to show for it. It was a beautiful day.




This little Catholic church is one corner of Las Canitas, the corner of Avenida Las Heras and Avenida Dorrego.




This is shot from just off the right corner of the first photo. It's looking up over the elevated railroad track. Don't know why, but I thought this was a super cool picture.



A little farther down the road is the polo field of Las Canitas. They just had the championship last weekend, but I guess they still have to get the horses out to exercise them.



Just across Avenida Libertador is the horse track. I forget the name of this too. Either this horse track or the polo fields is called the Hipodromo, I think, but I don't remember exactly.



This is Crobar, a boliche (club/discotheque/whateveryoucallit) over inbetween the horse track and Bosques de Palermo. It's pretty much all electronica, all the time. As I recall, it's part of an international chain of clubs. Not really my scene, although there are definitely some cute girls there (they might be 16, be careful)*. But what's interesting about Crobar -- and what I tried to capture -- is that it's built inbetween and under the railroad tracks, both of which you can see at the top of the picture. Anyway, I think it's interesting inside architecturally.

* If you speak English and are a foreigner, you can usually jump the line and skip the cover. This seems like the opposite of what it should be.




I went over the bridge and into the island to the rose garden.



Another picture down the main boulevard looking at the fountains.




This was looking back at the main bridge to get inside over the water. I think it really highlights my lack of photography skills, as some angles are pretty. I should've taken pictures of the Andalusian plaza and the little island inside as well as some more pictures of the roses. But I didn't. Next.



I think my hand moved while taking this shot. That's what happens when you have shaky hands. This is the corner of Bullrich and Libertador. And while that billboard of Universidad de Palermo is always there, UP isn't anywhere close to here.



It's a church....wait, that's not a cross at the top. No, it's a mosque. I took a picture of this before, and within a week of me posting my pictures from this area, the New York Times did a travel article that referenced all the places where I had pictures. Suspicious eh?

No comments: