Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Feliz año nuevo!

Most people make resolutions about this time of year. I've never been a fan of that -- no particular reason why, maybe I just like being a contrarian.

Probably the most common new year's resolutions are to go to the gym or get their personal finances in order. Not really things I ever need to make a resolution to change, so that's out for me.

I have however started doing pushups again. I did 500 pushups a day (in sets of 50, and then later of 75) for about a year in 06-07 until I busted my ankle and couldn't do them anymore. It made quite a difference and I enjoyed it, although folks pointed out that I'd probably have grown more muscle if I did them every other day.

So now I'm trying to do pushups every other day. I've been semi-committed to it for the past month or two, and so far it does actually seem to have worked. I can definitely tell a difference looking in the mirror, plus I think it helps me stay energetic throughout the day.

And it doesn't cost me $50 a month in gym membership.

No comments: