Sunday, August 31, 2008

Fire Fire Fire

When I got here, the air quality was bad. Observe:




That's El Obelisco in the background. See it? It's right...there. People were walking around with masks on, shirts over their face, etc. During this period, I would wake up in the morning and think that my apartment was on fire.




Impressive, no? At the time, people were speculating that it was part of the Campos' (farmers) strike. I also recently read it was part of some volcano or something. So I don't really know why it was so bad. But it was quite bad.

I kept thinking to myself, "Buenos Aires. Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. I guess that's not meant too literally." But no, there are indeed plenty of blue skies here, even in this seemingly eternal winter. I'm tired of 60 degree weather!


These pictures were saved a long time ago, and I don't remember where from. Fortunately they both appear to have identifiers on them, so I'm going to assume I slip through on fair use.

No comments: